Our Pre School allows children the opportunity to interact in a supportive and structured environment to develop, through creative play, the skills necessary for successful kindergarten integration. We encourage you to drop by, meet our dedicated staff, discuss our program, and see our facility.
We are a licensed space accommodating 20 children aged 3 – 5 years.
Pre School Policies:
- Staff will perform daily health checks with families.
- Children are required to wear indoor shoes.
- A labelled spare set of clothing is recommended to leave at the centre.
- Appropriate outdoor clothing is required, as we go outside daily, rain or shine.
- All registration forms are to be completed and processed before child’s first day of enrollment.
- One month written notice is required for withdrawal.
- Children must be able to use the toilet independently.
- Children must not require naps during pre school hours.
Melanie brings 12 years of childcare experience to our program. Melanie can be found dancing, singing, practicing yoga, Groove and enjoying the beautiful west coast.
Time of program:
- 9:30 am – 1:30 pm : Monday – Friday
Please note: Our preschool will be closed for all of SJD’s Professional Development Days, holidays (including Christmas and March break), as well as the summer months of July & August.
- Pre-literacy and pre-numeracy concepts utilizing Jolly Phonics.
- Arts and crafts through hands-on activities and projects.
- Group socialization using Second Step teachings.
- French lessons
- Dance, music, yoga and sensory experiences.
- Multicultural themes.
There is a $10 Society Membership fee to be paid on your first month’s fee each year.
Dec Fees: $315.00
March Fees: $292.50