Our Play School allows children the opportunity to interact in a supportive and structured environment to develop, through creative play, the skills necessary for successful kindergarten integration. We encourage you to drop by, meet our dedicated staff, discuss our program, and see our facility.
We are a licensed space accommodating 16 children aged 3 – 5 years.
Play School Policies:
- Parents must sign their child in and out of the play school upon arrival and departure.
- Children are require to wear indoor shoes.
- A labelled spare set of clothing is suggested to leave at the centre.
- Appropriate outdoor clothing is required, as we go outside daily, rain or shine.
- All registration forms are to be completed and processed before child’s first day of enrollment.
- One month written notice is required for withdrawal.
- Children must be able to use the toilet independently.
- Children must not require naps during play school hours.
- 8:40 am – 9:00 am (before play school, for children with a sibling in the main school)
- 9:00 am – 11:45 am
- 11:45 am – 2:30 pm
- 9:00 am – 2:30 pm
- 2:30 – 2:50 pm (after play school, for children with a sibling in the main school)
Please note: Our playschool will be closed for all of SJD’s Professional Development Days, holidays (including Christmas and March break), as well as the summer months of July & August.
- Pre-literacy and pre-numeracy concepts and skills.
- Arts and crafts through hands-on activities and projects.
- Group socialization.
- Healthy snacks and personal hygiene.
- Dance, music and sensory experiences.
- Multicultural themes.
There is a $10 Society Membership fee to be paid on your first month’s fee each year.
Block = half day:
- (am) 9:00-11:45
- (pm) 11:45-2:30
- 1 block (am/pm): $20
- 2 blocks (full day): $36
Now offering bell-to-bell:
- 8:30-9:00am $1.60/day
- 2:30-2:50pm $1.60/day
Sept, Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, April, May, June Fees
Dec, March Fees
*Please note: The fees for December and March are reduced due to closure for 2 weeks.