After School Care (ASC)
This is our biggest and most popular program. Children must be enrolled at Sir James Douglas Elementary School to attend.
We are licensed for 77 children after school, combined in our three OSC rooms. ASC is full-time only, operating Monday – Friday. Hours of operation are 2:40 pm – 6:00 pm. We do not offer part-time or drop-in.
We are closed all statutory and school holidays including winter breaks. Limited OSC camp dates are available. Please visit our Camps page for more info.
OSC staff pick up kindergarten children directly from their outside line up and walk them to the OSC’s Sunshine Kids room.
Sunshine Kids: grades K-1 in the Main OSC room, next to the school’s flag pole.
Cool Cats: grades 1-2 located in the school’s Multi-purpose Room.
Super Stars: grades 3-5 in the school gymnasium.
Each room is staffed with two qualified OSC leaders.
After-School Club Schedule:
Each day children are invited to explore different activities with friends and have opportunities to play games, use the gym, play outside on the playground or in our back field, construct with blocks and Lego or building materials, creative arts/crafts, and/or engage in dramatic play.
A typical day at SJD OSC:
- arrive/change into indoor shoes
- clean up
- art/games/activities/play time
After-School Club Policies:
- It is the OSC’s policy that parents sign their child out of the program each day.
- All children must “high-five” their leader at pick up time.
- Late fees will be applied to all pick ups after 6pm.
- Children are required to wear indoor shoes at the OSC.
- All registration forms are to be completed and submitted before your child’s first day of enrollment.
- Notification of absence from ASC must be received before 2:30 pm.
- One month written notice is required for withdrawal.
Please note, the OSC is currently full for the 2021-22 school year. If you are in need of care for next year 2022/2023 please fill out a wait list form. Once space is available, you will be instructed to fill out our online registration. Enrollment will take place once all necessary forms and payments are completed.